The catalogue offers three search options
Click on “Archival Descriptions”, “Names”, “Subjects”, “Places” or “Images” to browse an alphabetical list of titles, names, subjects, places or images.
Click on “Most recent” to change the order of the list to show the most recent changes to the catalogue first.
Click on “Alphabetic” to revert to alphabetical order.
Enter a query into the search box at the top of the page.
You can use a single keyword or more advanced queries using double quotes, boolean operators etc.
Click on the search box and select ‘Advanced search’ from the drop down menu
Enter a single keyword or more advanced queries using double quotes, boolean operators etc.
Select a specific field from the drop-down list to limit your search to that field.
Add new criteria as required.
Use the search filters on the left to narrow your search. There are 6 options:
- Top-level descriptions: search only within a certain fonds or collection. Enter the exact name of the fonds or collection.
- General Material Designation: the types of records we have
- Media: the types of digital objects available
- Digital Object Available: “yes”, if you just want to find digital objects
- Level of Description: the levels of archival description such as fonds, collection, series, file or item
- Copyright status: the basic copyright status.